If you file a Workers Comp claim and the insurance company denies your claim, you may need to hire an attorney to assist in the matter. When you hire a workers compensation lawyer San Antonio, make sure that you hire an attorney who understands your matter and who will fight for you from start to finish. With so many attorneys out there, it is not always simple to find the best. To alleviate some of the stress, be sure to ask the attorney you are interested in working with plenty of questions and get the answers that you need. Important questions that you should ask before hiring an attorney include:
1. Are you a Board Certified Workers Compensation Lawyer? When you find an attorney who specializes in workers comp, it is easier to get the results that you want.
2. How many years of Experience do you have? The more experience that an attorney brings forth, the more assurance you gain in the outcome of the case. They know the laws like the back of their hand and that is important when you’re headed to court.
3. How much will you charge to handle my case? This is an important question to ask during the initial consultation. Do keep in mind that many attorney who handle workers comp matters work on a contingency basis so no money is needed to start the case.
4. Will I go to Court? Not every workers compensation case goes to court and before a judge. Many will. It is essential to ask this question about your case.
5. Do you have special hours? Many people find it hard to meet an attorney during the day because they need to work to put food on the table. Some lawyers offer special hours for evening and weekend appointments for such cases.